The PTA needs you! The executive board needs two committed parents to fill spots as a secretary and a treasurer! These are not incredibly difficult jobs and they won’t eat up a huge amount of your time. It just requires a commitment.
We generally meet once a month for about two hours, and we have 3-4 schoolwide meetings a year. Beyond that, helping at events, especially the treasurer when money is involved, is crucial.
Plus the board members actually have a good time working together. And you’ll be leaving a mark on Jones forever. Please email email@example.com. We are happy to talk more with anyone who’s interested or has questions.
DUTIES OF THE TREASURER
- Reconcile the checkbook. Compare logged transactions against the monthly statement from the bank.
- Create a treasurer’s report for members. This monthly wrap-up shows the starting balance, monthly income, monthly expenses, and ending balance, plus year-to-date performance to budget. Share it at meetings and post it on the parent group website.
- Create a more detailed financial activity report for the executive board. This lists out all individual transactions for the month, including checks written, deposits made, and withdrawals from the account.
DUTIES OF THE SECRETARY
- Takes minutes at board and association meetings
- May co-sign formal papers with president: authorizations for payment, resolutions and formal letters
- Handles PTA correspondence as directed by the president
- Maintains and preserves PTA records and important documents to pass on at the end of the term
We need 2 for PTA board positions