The Jones PTA kicked off its biggest fundraiser of the year, the Jagathon, this week. Years of tight budgets at the state and local levels mean schools don’t have much funding for extras. That’s where PTA contributions come in.
Forget selling wrapping paper or candy. Don’t hit up your friends and neighbors to subscribe to magazines. We’ve made this the simplest PTA fundraiser ever. What’s involved? You just contribute what you can.
Your tax-deductible donation helps ensure that Jones students have access to programs that help them thrive! Every dollar raised goes toward helping Jones students and teachers, and our goal is to raise $7,000. And if we reach our goal by the Fall Festival, Principal Luciano is going to take a pie in the face!
DEADLINE: Oct. 27
What has the money has paid for in previous years?
- Guided math training for all teachers
- Teacher grants
- Black History Month events
- Hispanic Heritage Month programming
- Jones garden
- Fall Festival
- Dance parties
- Movie nights
- Teacher appreciation initiatives
- Media center supplies
- Fifth-grade graduation celebration
- Cultural arts programs
- Boo-hoo breakfast for kindergarten parents
- Afterschool tutoring
And two exciting new additions, paid for by PTA fundraisers:
- Ukeleles for the music program. Mr. English’s band has been hugely successful, and he requested the stringed instruments so younger students can involved too.
A kiln for the art program.
How to donate
Make your donation quickly online at http://tinyurl.com/ddjonesjagathon14. You can set up a one-time donation or give monthly.
Fill out the form below and send cash or a check made out to Jones PTA to school in an
envelope marked “PTA office — Jagathon.”